Features and benefits of EUROSIS Membership
Since our founding in 2003. The European Multidisciplinary Society for Modelling and Simulation Technology has been made up of engineers, scientists, managers, business professionals, students and educators. A very diverse field, whose interests include: artificial intelligence, microcomputers in simulation, methodology and validation, supercomputers and more.
With this in mind EUROSIS is poised to start several initiatives to address this community. Members will be informed as these initiatives come to fruition.
Individual Members of EUROSIS can either be
- Full Member: This membership is open to all who have been professionally involved in computer simulation for at least 4 years, or who hold an appropriate 5 year degree from an accredited college or university.
- Associate Member: This Membership is open to anyone who is interested in the technology of simulation or applications thereof.
Institutional Membership is available to educational institutions, such as universities, research centres and libraries. This is an opportunity for your university or college to sponsor an organization that serves educators, students and society by advancing the science of computer simulation. We encourage professors on campus to coordinate student chapters that will facilitate interaction between the professional and business community.
Corporate Membership is available to companies working in the field of computer simulation and modelling, simulators and related areas of interest.
Student Membership is open to any person regularly enrolled on a substantially full-time basis in an institution of higher learning. Students need to add a copy of their student card or a signed letter by their tutor with the Membership Form.
There are many benefits to joining the "The European Multidisciplinary Society for Modelling and Simulation Technology" including:
* EUROSIS quarterly journal, which contains concise articles covering the latest research in Europe and beyond, book reviews, conference reports, opinion pieces (more info to follow)
* Our monthly e-mail bulletin, which contains the latest news, conference calls, job opportunities, projects and information on EUROSIS events.
* Reduced registration fees at all EUROSIS events. Typically this reduced rate makes it cheaper to join the Society and then register for any EUROSIS event than to attend the conferences as a non-member.
* Reduced prices for all EUROSIS Proceedings.
* Access to restricted areas of this web site. (At a later date)
* Link to our Linked-in Forum
* Assistance in the formation of TC's through small grants towards recruiting external speakers.
* As TC members you will have your personal pages on the website with links to your university, institution etc...
* First updates on EU-Projects from the EU and from EUROSIS Members as they come in.
The EUROSIS membership fee is also tax deductable (quote membership to EUROSIS together with your membership number).
Institutional and Industry Members
They receive all the standard member benefits. Additionally institutional and corporate members gain:
* Institutional and Corporate Logos will be placed on the Society's web site.
* Institutional and Corporate Logos will be placed on the Society's publications catalogue and proceedings
* Free advertising or features on the web site and newsletter.
* Free job advertising through the web site and newsletter.
* The opportunity to consult the committee and the experts.
* Travel awards for either ISC or ESM.
As a member of EUROSIS
* You will be able to vote on the selection of members of the Scientific Board
* You will be able to vote on the selection of members for the Conference Board
* You will be able to propose new TC's and TC Members
* You will be able to make proposals on new Tracks/Topics and Research Projects, which will be automatically distributed to the members
* You will be able to propose new members to the Editorial Board of the EUROSIS Journal
* You will be able to receive funding for TC meetings at the EUROSIS conferences. This will be on a case to case basis
* You will be able to receive help from ETI in preparing your European simulation project proposals
* You will be able to receive help from ETI in preparing workshops related to European simulation projects linked to EUROSIS.
Membership dues are used for:
- Supporting Member activities
- supporting TC, Council and Board Meetings expenses
- sponsoring EUROSIS student member participation to events for a maximum of € 300
- sponsoring Student projects (more info to follow)
Joining EUROSIS is really easy - simply print out and fill in the membership form linked below and send it to the address shown at the bottom of the membership form or by fax to +126.96.36.1990
We only accept payment in €, so if you wish to pay by cheque please ensure it is in € and made payable to "EUROSIS" and ADD € 15 for banking costs.
The other way to join is to tick the membership add-on when registering for EUROSIS conferences. This is both easier for you and faster for us to process.
EUROSIS Society Account Details
EUROSIS Account for MEMBERSHIPS ONLY:
BNP Paribas Fortis Bank, Torhoutsesteenweg 356, B-8400 Ostend, Belgium. Account No: IBAN CODE: BE36 0015 8422 1881, Swift/BIC Code: GEBABEBB, Account Holder: EUROSIS Vzw.
EUROSIS VZW number 0873.715.0280873.715.028
The EUROSIS members list as of 01/01/2008 linked here.