The European Simulation and Modelling Conference (ESM) is one of the oldest European international conferences on computer simulation and modelling concerned with state of the art technology in modelling and simulation. Its name was changed in 2003 from Multiconference to Simulation and Modelling conference in order to differentiate from other similar simulation conferences. ESM aims to provide an overview of academic basic research in the field of computer simulation. A number of major tracks of simulation research are presented next to specific workshops, which capture the art and science of present-day simulation research.
The conference consists of four major parts. A part concerns itself with simulation methodology, another with simulation applications, then there are the workshops, the exhibition and last but not least the poster sessions for students.
Selected papers of ESM appear in a new journal tailored especially to EUROSIS and published by Inderscience. See here.
As in the late 1980's no single European simulation conference was held on a yearly basis in order to stimulate the simulation community, it was an opportune moment to introduce such an event. Initially conceived by Philippe Geril and Professor Ghislain Vansteenkiste, the structure of a multiconference was taken and after initial preparation the first ESM was organized with the help of Heimo Adelsberger at the Vienna Business School in 1987. From then on it evolved into a yearly fixture for pure simulation research. In 2003 it moved from the June to the October slot, where it has remained until this day.
ESM'2014-October 22-24 2014, FEUP - University of Porto, Porto, Portugal
- ESM'2014, October 22-24, 2014, FEUP - University of Porto, Porto, Portugal
- Call for Papers
Text Format Pdf Format - Not yet linked
- Call for Papers
- ESM'2013, University of Lancaster, October 23-25, 2013, Lancaster, UK
- ESM'2012, FOM University of Applied Sciences, October 22-24, 2012, Essen, Germany
- ESM'2011, October 24-26, 2011, Hotel de Guimaraes, Guimaraes, Portugal (organized by University of Minho)
- ESM'2010, October 25-27, 2010, Hasselt University, Hasselt, Belgium.
- ESM'2009, October 26-28, 2009, Holiday Inn Leicester, Leicester, United Kingdom
- ESM'2008, October 27-29, 2008, Universite du Havre, Le Havre, France
- ESM'2007, October 22-24, 2007, Westin Dragonara Hotel, St.Julians, Malta
- ESM 2006, October 23-25, 2006, LAAS, Toulouse, France
- ESM 2005, October, 24-26, 2005, University of Porto, Porto, Portugal
- ESM 2004, October 25-27, 2004, UNESCO, Paris, France
- ESM 2003, October 27-29, 2003, University of Naples II, Naples, Italy.
- ESM'2002, June 2002, Darmstadt University of Technology, Darmstadt, Germany
- Proceedings FREE for download
- ESM'2001, June 6-9, 2001, Prague, Czech Republic
- ESM'2000, May 23-26, 2000, Het Pand, Ghent, Belgium
- ESM'99, June 1-4, 1999, IBIB-PAN, Warsaw, Poland
- ESM'98, June 16-19, 1998, Manchester University, Manchester, United Kingdom
- ESM'97, June 1-4, 1997, Bogazici University, Istanbul, Turkey
- ESM'96, June 2-6, 1996, Budapest University of Economic Sciences, Budapest, Hungary
- ESM'95, June 5-7, 1995, Prague, Czech Republic
- ESM'94, June 1-3, 1994, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
- ESM'93, June 7-9, 1993, Ecole Normale Superieure, Lyon, France
- ESM'92, June 1-3, 1992, The Royal York Hotel, York, United Kingdom
- ESM'91, June 17-19, 1991, The Panum Institute, Copenhagen, Denmark
- ESM'90, June 1990, Atrium Hotel, Nuremberg, Germany
- ESM'89, June 7-9, 1989, Ambasciatori Hotel, Rome, Italy
- ESM'88, June 1-3, 1988, Acropole Hotel, Nice, France
- ESM'87, June 29-July 1, 1987, Vienna Business School, Vienna, Austria
Not yet linked
- I would like to receive more information about the upcoming ESM
conferences please put me on the EUROSIS mailing list
- I would like to be involved in future ESM conferences and would like to be
an IPC member, a track chair, an exhibitor, a tutorial giver
- I would like to organise a future ESM Conference
Sponsors of past ESM conferences
Computer Simulation Links
not yet linked
ESM is a European registered trademark of the European Technology Institute under nr: 002433290