The EUROMEDIA conference covers the latest developments in web technology, multimedia research and communications technology while also looking at their implementation in mobile computing, broadband networking, distributed computing, telematics, E-technology and real world environments like embedded systems, security systems and training systems. The conference is structured around 5 tracks: WEBTEC-MEDIATEC-COMTEC-APTEC and ETEC. The EUROMEDIA conference is held concurrently with the ECEC and FUBUTEC conferences.
As multimedia and multimedia simulation came to its own at the beginning of the nineties with the emergence of new computing platforms and started to morph and merge with other disciplines such as telecommunications, the idea of setting up a conference covering all of these fields and the inter-relationships between the different computing disciplines came to fruition in a multimedia conference. At first the fields of simulation, communications and media seem to merge the fastest and the name MEDIACOMM was coined. However, who could have known that the Web would take over in such a big way in the following year, so a decision was made to change the name in 1996 into EUROMEDIA, which it has kept ever since. As some aspects, in the field of concurrent engineering, overlapped with some integrated web applications, the further decision was taken to hold both conferences concurrently at the same venue from 2001 onwards to the mutual benefit of the participants of both conferences.
Selected papers on Advanced and Wireless Communication are published in The Journal Advanced Wireless & Mobile Communications.
I would like to inform you/share with you/thank you for your support – I just won the 2nd place in the 2010 FCSH/UNL Santander prize with the paper from Eurosis/Euromedia 2009 - The Making of an Interactive Digital Narrative-InStory."
Interesting Internet Video
- EUROMEDIA'2013, June 10-12, 2013, University of Lincoln, Lincoln, United Kingdom.
- Text Format Pdf Format - not yet linked
- EUROMEDIA'2012, April 18-20, 2012, University POLITEHNICA of Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania.
- EUROMEDIA'2011, 18-20 April, 2011, British Institute of Technology and Ecommerce, London, United Kingdom.
- EUROMEDIA'2010, 14-16 April, 2010, UPV Gandia, Gandia, Spain.
- Text Format Pdf Format - This event was cancelled and papers transferred to ISC'2010
- EUROMEDIA 2009, April 15-17, 2009, Novotel Brugge Centrum, Bruges, Belgium
- EUROMEDIA 2008, April 9-11, 2008, University of Porto, Porto, Portugal
- EUROMEDIA 2007, April 25-27, 2007, TU Delft, Delft, The Netherlands
- EUROMEDIA 2006, April 17-19, 2006, Athens Imperial Hotel, Athens, Greece
- EUROMEDIA 2005, April 11-13, 2005, Universite Paul Sabatier, Toulouse, France
- EUROMEDIA 2004, April 19-20, 2004, Huize Corsewarem, Hasselt, Belgium
- EUROMEDIA 2003, April 14-16, 2003, University of Plymouth, Plymouth, United Kingdom
- EUROMEDIA 2002, April 15-17, 2002, Democenter, Modena, Italy
- Proceedings FREE for download.
- EUROMEDIA 2001, April 18-20, 2001, UPV, Valencia, Spain.
- EUROMEDIA 2000, May 8-10, 2000, ProvincieHuis, Antwerp, Belgium
- EUROMEDIA'99, April 25-28, 1999, Siemens, Munich, Germany
- EUROMEDIA'98, January 5-7, 1998, De Montfort University, Leicester, United Kingdom
- EUROMEDIA'96, December 19-21, Holiday Inn London Docks, London, United Kingdom
- Proceedings FREE for download shortly.
- MEDIACOMM'95, April 11-12, Southampton, United Kingdom.
Not yet linked
- I would like to receive more information about the upcoming EUROMEDIA
conferences please put me on the EUROSIS mailing list
- I would like to be involved in future EUROMEDIA conferences and would like to be
an IPC member, a track chair, an exhibitor, a tutorial giver
- I would like to organise a future EUROMEDIA Conference
Sponsors of EUROMEDIA conferences (past and present)
Multimedia Simulation Links
not yet linked