The International Middle Eastern Simulation Multiconference (MESM) is an event organized formally by De Montfort University, now by the Arab Open University, and members of the European Simulation Society. One of the major aims of this conference is to bring people from various parts of the Middle East in contact with colleagues working in modeling & simulation from around the world (e.g. Europe, USA, Canada, Far East etc.). The other aim is to integrate these contacts into a wider Network of Simulation Excellence. This conference, is sponsored by De Montfort University (UK), Ghent University, EUROSIS, ETI as well as IEEE UKRI - SPC.
The conference covers a wide range of simulation subjects in order to capture the general thrust of simulation research at present being done in the Arab World.
After in-depth discussions with Prof. Marwan Al-Akaidi formally with De Montfort University, now with the Arab Open University, and some simulationists at the European conferences coming from the Middle East, it was decided in 1999 to start an event in the Middle East, which would be the premiere meeting place for simulation professionals in the area. Unfortunately, due to the political problems and turmoil in the area in the last couple of years, we have had to move the event sometimes out of the area, but we are certain that the event, even in these troubled times will sustain itself and continue as a beacon of simulation perfection for the Arab world.
- MESM'2016, March 21-23, 2016, AOU, Amman, Jordan
- Call for Papers Text Format Not yet linked
- MESM'2015, March 2-4, 2015, AOU, Manama, Bahrain
- MESM'2014, February 3-5, 2014, AOU, Muscat, Oman.
- MESM'2012, AOU, December 10-12, 2012, Muscat, Oman
- MESM 2011, November 14-16, 2011, Arab Open University, Amman, Jordan.
- MESM 2010, December 1-3, 2010, Maritim Jolie Ville Hotel Alexandria, Alexandria, Egypt.
- MESM 2009, September 27-29, 2009, Lebanese American University, Beirut, Lebanon.
- MESM 2008, August 26-28 2008, Philadelphia University, Amman, Jordan
- MESM 2006, August 28-30 2006, Mercure Romance Hotel, Alexandria, Egypt
- MESM 2005, October, 24-26, 2005, University of Porto, Porto, Portugal
- MESM 2004, September 14-16, 2004, Philadelphia University, Amman, Jordan
- MESM 2003, January 5-7, 2004, Etisalat College of Engineering, Sharjah, UAE
- MESM 2002, October 28-30, 2002, American University, Sharjah, UAE
- Proceedings FREE for download
- MESM 2001, September 3-5, 2001, Amman University, Amman, Jordan
- MESM 2000, August 28-30, 2000, Philadelphia University Amman, Amman, Jordan
- MESM'99, March 1-3, 1999, University of Jordan, Amman, Jordan
Not yet linked
- I would like to receive more information about the upcoming MESM
conferences please put me on the EUROSIS mailing list
- I would like to be involved in future MESM conferences and would like to be
an IPC member, a track chair, an exhibitor, a tutorial giver
- I would like to organise a future MESM Conference
Sponsors of MESM conferences (past and present)
Computer Simulation Links
not yet linked