During the last decades several research groups developed mathematical models with increasing relevance for practical application in the food industry. The next step is to implement these models into both R&D and process operation in the industry. In doing this, new issues arise such as standardisation and coupling of different simulation models
The FOODSIM conference, conceived in 2000 by a team of five Professors from ENITIAA (Daniel Thiel, Jean-Yves Monteau, Lionel Boilleraux, Dominique Della Valle and Michel Havet ) in cooperation with the European Simulation Office, brings together model developers, food experts and (potential) industrial users of model simulation tools. The conference presents the state-of-the-art in using computer models in development and operation of food products. Special attention is given to the industrial implementation, use and benefits. From its start in the year 2000 the event has become the pivotal event on food and food safety simulation and modelling.
One of the results of the FOODSIM conferences has been the establishment of a COST proposal on Modelling and Simulation in the Food and Bio-industries. A copy of the proposal, which can also be found under projects can be downloaded here.
For FOODSIM from 2014 onwards, selected FOODSIM papers will be published in the Elsevier journal Food Research International. - ISSN:0963-9969 (Impact factor 3)
- FOODSIM'2018, April, 2018, Catholic University of Leuven, Ghent, Belgium
- Call for Papers
Text Format Pdf Format - Not yet linked
- Call for Papers
- FOODSIM'2016, April 3-7, 2016, Catholic University of Leuven, Ghent, Belgium
- FOODSIM'2014, June 23-25, 2014, Oceanopolis, Brest, France
- FOODSIM'2012, June 18-20, 2012, Fraunhofer Institute of Technology, Weihenstephan, Germany.
- FOODSIM'2010, June 24-26, 2010, CIMO Research Centre, Braganza, Portugal.
- FOODSIM'2008, June 26-28, 2008, University College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
- FOODSIM2006, June 15-17, 2006, University of Naples Federico II, Napels, Italy.
- FOODSIM2004, June 16-18, 2004, WICC-WIR, Wageningen, The Netherlands.
- FOODSIM'2002, June 17-18, 2002, Blarney Park Hotel, Blarney-Cork, Ireland
- Proceedings FREE for download
- FOODSIM'2000, June 26-27, 2000, ENITIAA, Nantes, France
Not yet linked
- I would like to receive more information about the upcoming FOODSIM
conferences please put me on the EUROSIS mailing list
- I would like to be involved in future FOODSIM conferences and would like to be
an IPC member, a track chair, an exhibitor, a tutorial giver
- I would like to organise a future FOODSIM Conference
Sponsors of FOODSIM conferences (past and present)
Computer Simulation Links
not yet linked